Deep Vein Thrombosis
Compression stockings help to reduce risk of DVT - a blood clot that usually develop in the vein of a leg.
You are at high risk of developing DVT if you:
- increased age
- have history of DVT
- have a family history of blood clots
- are bedridden after an operation
- have blood vessel damage which can result in the formation of a blood clot
- are pregnant – your blood also clots more easily during pregnancy
- are being overweight or obese
DVT can cause pain and swelling in the affected leg. Other symptoms include:
- a heavy ache in the affected area
- warm skin that looks red
- a mild fever
If the blood clot breaks off and enter the blood vessels in the lungs, disrupting the normal function of the lungs, this will cause pulmonary embolism.
Evin Medical Graduated Compression Stockings can help to reduce the risk of developing DVT.